General Membership Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month. There are no meetings in July and August.
Bingo every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. - Hall Rental Forms - CLICK HERE!
• Upcoming Events
A P R I L
| • Post 8 & Auxiliary Meetings 7 pm
2nd Nomination of Officers
| • Legion Riders Burger Night 4:30-6:30
• Legion Riders Meeting 7:00
| • Easter Sunday
| • Commanders Club 4 pm
• 2nd Nominations and Appointment of Officers
April 8, 2014
• 1974 Stolen Item Returned
Apparently, in 1974, the Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post 8 was robbed of some pistols, rifles and swords. During a routine police stop of a vehicle, a Luger pistol was found in the vehicle.
This pistol had been stolen from Post 8. More information will be forthcoming as we learn more about the incident.
• COMMANDERS CLUB Season Tickets for 2013-2014 NOW AVAILABLE!
Only $50 for the Year! Dinner and Music included at the end of the season!
Nov. 23rd WINNERS! $50-Eve G., $50-Joy H., $50-John O., $75-Geraldine M., $125-Leonard M., $100-Tony S.
Dec. 21st WINNERS! $50-Vickie P., $50-Bob T., $50-Mike K., $75-Colleen C., $125-Art P., $100-Kathy Mc.
Jan. 25th WINNERS! $50-Frank A., $50-Howard M., $50-Juanita P., $75-Dee L., $125-Chuck S., $100-Denis T.
Feb. 22nd WINNERS! $50-Bill I., $50-Kathy M., $50-Carol K., $75-Jack D., $125-Dennis C., $100-Rick S.
Mar. 22nd WINNERS! $50-Nancy J., $50-Paul S., $50-Kathy M., $75-Joy H., $125-Sharon A., $100-Carol W.
Order your COMMANDERS CLUB Season 2013-2014 Tickets online - NOW AVAILABLE!
6 Months (36 drawings left) for only $50 - 6 Cash drawings per month - Prime Rib Dinner and music/dance included at September 2014 drawing!
• American Legion 95th Birthday Party
Dignitaries from the District and Department of Michigan
Commander Johnson and President Svacha
• Our Sponsored Boys State Students, June 2013
Commander Dave Johnson presents Andrew Lubbers and Matthew Romzek from Port Huron Northern High School with a Certificate of Appreciation.
• Our Sponsored Student Trooper for 2013
Finance Officer Chuck Teller presents William Krol II from Landmark Academy with a Certificate of Appreciation.
• Paid Up For Life (PUFL) Memberships
The American Legion has revised the Paid Up For Life program and streamlined the application process. Current members may now enroll
in the Paid Up For Life program online or can print a personalized application and mail in their payment. Pay in full or choose 12 monthly installments.
• No more renewal notices. No more paying annual dues.
• No more worrying, "Did I renew my membership or not?"
• Join the other 200,000 PUFL Legionnaires in saying, "I believe in The American Legion and what it's doing."
• Avoid future dues increases. No matter what inflation does, you never have to pay another penny in dues.
• Lifetime subscription to The American Legion Magazine!
Each Paid Up For Life member receives a permanent plastic card, as well as an annual paper card to verify continuing membership in
The American Legion. The annual card is mailed in July of each year.
For more information about the Paid Up For Life program, go to www.legion.org/join/pufl or contact customer service
at (800) 433-3318.
• Post 8 Officers for 2013-2014
The following are our 2013-2014 Officers for the Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post # 8:
- 1. Commander: Dave Johnson
- 2. Senior Vice: Jim Leslie
- 3. Jr. Vice: Bill "Fuzzy" Burtch
- 4. Adjutant: Ralph Scott
- 5. Finance Officer: Chuck Teller
- 6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
- 7. Historian: Dr. Roy Rogers
- 8. Service Officer: Debra Worden
- 9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Nick Lucas
- 10. House Comm. 3 Year: Bob Hawkins
• NEW VIETNAM DISPLAY CASE
The new Vietnam display case is near completion. We have many Vietnam era relics on display and are looking for more donations to add to the case. Thanks to all who helped in the organization of the artifacts.
A huge "Thank You" goes out to Mike Gurnsey for all his hard work in constructing this great looking display case.
• UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! !
! ! ! NEW HOUSE MANAGER FOR POST 8 ! ! !
Post 8 is proud to announce the hiring of our new House Manager, Colleen Campbell. Colleen comes to us with a wealth of experience as an accommplished chef and managerial skills for the day-to-day operation of Post 8. Please welcome
her to our Post!
• Memorial Completed To Honor Post Members
Memorial funds donated on behalf of our departed Post 8 brothers and sisters were used to purchase a new flagpole and a memorial stone at the south entrance of the Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post #8. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
• Website Calendar
Please check our website calendar from time to time for updated events which may be added between Newsletters.
• BINGO Every Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.
Three (3) Cover-Alls every Thursday at $500 each!