General Membership Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month. There are no meetings in July and August.
Bingo every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. - Hall Rental Forms - CLICK HERE!
• Upcoming Events
| • FINAL Commanders Club 5:00pm
• TICKETS FOR 2016-2017 WILL BE READY TO BUY TODAY!
| • House Committee 10 am
| • LEGION and Auxiliary meetings 7 pm
| • Post 8 ALR SPAGHETTI NIGHT 4:30-6:30 pm
| • N O Commanders Club
• TICKETS FOR 2016-2017 ARE ON SALE NOW!
| • H A L L O W E E N
Post 8 Officers, Ray Carrier, Ralph Scott, Ed Weischler, Cmdr. Jim Leslie, Scott Reinacher (Thin Blue Line), Chuck Teller, Barb Gurnsey,
Chief Michael W. Reaves (PHPD), Louann Dubuque (Auxiliary President), Bob Hawkins, and Dennis O'Connor present a check for $2500 to the Thin Blue Line of Michigan.
On behalf of Post 8 Officers, Ray Carrier, Cmdr. Jim Leslie, Chuck Teller, and Thin Blue Line Secretary Kelly Pigeon and Director Severin Erickson,
"THANK YOU" to all who helped out, donated, and attended our successful evening.
• COMMANDERS CLUB Season Tickets for 2016-2017 NOW AVAILABLE!
Michigan State License C-27777
Only $50 for the Year! Dinner included at the end of the season!
Sep. 24th, 2016 FINAL DRAWING of SEASON 5:00 pm, Dinner-6:00 pm
Nov. 28th WINNERS! $50-Lynn H., $50-Patti V., $50-Kim I., $75-Roger I., $125-Frank A., $100-Linda W.
Dec. 19th WINNERS! $50-Nancy S., $50-Frank A., $50-Brenda S., $75-Rick S., $125-Denis T., $100-Vera L.
Jan. 23rd WINNERS! $50-Sharon A., $50-Lucille S., $50-Patti V., $75-Jim G., $125-Paul S., $100-Dennis O.
Feb. 27th WINNERS! $50-Rick S., $50-Ray C., $50-Dawn B., $75-Kevin H., $125-Bill C., $100-Kathy Miller.
Mar. 26th WINNERS! $50-Barb G., $50-Nancy S., $50-Bill I., $75-Sharon A., $125-Paul S., $100-Bill R.
Apr. 23rd WINNERS! $50-Dave O., $50-Brian L., $50-Lois B., $75-Kathy M., $125-Bill B., $100-Geraldine M.
May 28th WINNERS! $50-Nancy S., $50-Denise K., $50-Geraldine M., $75-Beth S., $125-Don T., $100-Cindy B.
June 25th WINNERS! $50-Bev C., $50-Nancy S., $50-Rick S., $75-Gary M., $125-Rick S., $100-Lynn H.
July 23rd WINNERS! $50-Juanita P., $50-Dennis O., $50-Linda W., $75-Phyllis I., $125-Chuck T., $100-Ray C.
Aug. 27th WINNERS! $50-Don T., $50-Eric U., $50-Frank A., $75-Katherine J., $125-Brenda A., $100-Roger I.
License # C-27263
COMMANDERS CLUB Season 2016-2017 Tickets - AVAILABLE SOON!
11 Months, 66 drawings for only $50 - 6 Cash drawings per month - Dinner included at September 2017 drawing!
• American Flag Retirement Ceremony
On May 31, 2015, Post 8 members along with Boy Scout Troop 104, participated in a Flag Retirement Ceremony. The United States Flag Code states, "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem of display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."
• Post 8 Officers for 2015-2016
On Tuesday, June 23rd, the installation of Officers for Post 8 was held. Below are our new leaders! CONGRATULATIONS!
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post # 8:
- 1. Commander: Jim Leslie
- 2. Senior Vice: vacant
- 3. Jr. Vice: vacant
- 4. Adjutant: Mike Gurnsey
- 5. Finance Officer: Chuck Teller
- 6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
- 7. Historian: Ed Weichsler
- 8. Service Officer: vacant
- 9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Nick Lucas
- 10. House Comm. 3 Year: Jim Lynch
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for American Legion Auxiliary Unit 8:
- 1. President: Louann Dubuque
- 2. 1st Vice: Barb Gurnsey
- 3. 2nd Vice: Terry Lilley
- 4. Secretary: Susan Svacha
- 5. Treasurer: Betty Cline
- 6. Chaplain: Marty Carrier
- 7. Historian: Judy Ovick
- 8. Jr. Past President: Melanie Zick
- 9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Denise Kilbourne
- 10. Executive Board: Herta Scott, Brenda Almanza, Pam Leslie
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for the Sons of the American Legion Unit 8: :
- 1. Commander: Dennis O'Connor
- 2. Senior Vice: Jim Zick
- 3. Jr. Vice: Louie Piva
- 4. Adjutant: Don Tallmadge
- 5. Finance Officer: Rick Dubuque
- 6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
- 7. Historian: Vacant
- 8. Liaison: Ray Carrier
- 9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Jim Leslie
• Post 8 Hours of Operation
• Sunday & Monday - CLOSED
• Tuesday - Saturday open NOON — close 9:00pm
• Memorial Day Parade Port Huron 2015
Members of the American Legion Riders Post 8 rode in the 2015 Memorial Day Parade. To see over 100 pictures, click on this link - Photo Gallery
• Website Calendar
Please check our website calendar from time to time for updated events which may be added between Newsletters.
• BINGO Every Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.
Three (3) Cover-Alls every Thursday at $500 each!