General Membership Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month. There are no meetings in July and August.
Bingo every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. - Hall Rental Forms - CLICK HERE!
| • House Committee 10:00 am
| • Post 8 and Auxiliary meetings 7 pm
• Nomination of Post Officers
| • BURGER NIGHT 4:30-6:30
• A L R Meeting 7:00 pm
| • Commanders Club 4:00 pm
||Apr.30-May 3 Charity Poker Event (License # M88838)
• 2014 Boys State Participant
In June of 2014, Patrick Ruch attended Boys State at Northwood Institute in Midland, Michigan. Boys State is an educational program sponsored by the American Legion across the country to help young men learn about government and how it works.
• Law Enforcement Appreciation Spaghetti Dinner
Thank You to everyone who made this event so successful on January 21st!
On March 6, 2015, a check for $2500 was presented to Scott Reinacher, President of the Thin Blue Line of Michigan by Post 8. Pictured left to right are Mike Gurnsey, Adjutant; Ray Carrier, Chaplain & Past Cmdr; Sheriff Tim Donnellon, St. Clair County; Chuck Teller, Finance Officer & Past Cmdr; Scott Reinacher, President TBL of MI; Sgt. Jason Barna, Port Huron Police Department; Ralph Scott II, Past Cmdr.
Special recognition goes out to Tyler Connor, Port Huron Northern High School, for his hard work as our only high school volunteer for this event! THANKS TYLER!
• Post 8 Hours of Operation
• Monday - CLOSED
• Tuesday - Saturday open NOON — close 9:00pm
• Sunday open NOON — close 7:00pm
• Post 8 Officers for 2014-2015
The following are our 2014-2015 Officers for Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post # 8:
- 1. Commander: Jim Leslie
- 2. Senior Vice: VACANT
- 3. Jr. Vice: Fuzzy Burtch
- 4. Adjutant: Mike Gurnsey
- 5. Finance Officer: Chuck Teller
- 6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
- 7. Historian: Dr. Roy Rogers
- 8. Service Officer: Dave Belair
- 9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Nick Lucas
- 10. House Comm. 3 Year: Ralph Scott
• Memorial Day Parade Port Huron 2014
Members of the American Legion Riders Post 8 rode in the 2014 Memorial Day Parade. To see over 100 pictures, click on this link - Photo Gallery
• Riders Attend Memorial Tribute In Lansing
Members of the American Legion Riders Post 8 attended the Michigan Senate's 20th Annual Memorial Day Service on May 22, 2014.
• COMMANDERS CLUB Season Tickets for 2014-2015 NOW AVAILABLE!
Only $50 for the Year! Dinner and Music included at the end of the season!
Nov. 22nd WINNERS! $50-Paul S., $50-Diane H., $50-George S., $75-Virginia K., $125-Paul S., $100-Dave M.
Dec. 20th WINNERS! $50-Jack I., $50-Dick A., $50-Howard M., $75-Fred D., $125-Linda W., $100-Tim G.
Jan. 24th WINNERS! $50-Margaret J., $50-Jim G., $50-Dan O., $75-Bob H., $125-Dave O., $100-Robert C.
Feb. 28th WINNERS! $50-Sharon A., $50-Rick S., $50-Katherine J., $75-Joy H., $125-Frank A., $100-Betty C.
Mar. 28th WINNERS! $50-John O., $50-Mike K., $50-Debbie H., $75-Brenda A., $125-Marion W., $100-Ralph S.
Order your COMMANDERS CLUB Season 2014-2015 Tickets online - NOW AVAILABLE!
6 Months, 36 drawings for only $50 - 6 Cash drawings per month - Prime Rib Dinner and music/dance included at September 2015 drawing!
• Friday-Saturday Dinner Menu
• Paid Up For Life (PUFL) Memberships
The American Legion has revised the Paid Up For Life program and streamlined the application process. Current members may now enroll in the Paid Up For Life program online or can print a personalized application and mail in their payment. Pay in full or choose 12 monthly installments.
• No more renewal notices. No more paying annual dues.
• No more worrying, "Did I renew my membership or not?"
• Join the other 200,000 PUFL Legionnaires in saying, "I believe in The American Legion and what it's doing."
• Avoid future dues increases. No matter what inflation does, you never have to pay another penny in dues.
• Lifetime subscription to The American Legion Magazine!
Each Paid Up For Life member receives a permanent plastic card, as well as an annual paper card to verify continuing membership in The American Legion. The annual card is mailed in July of each year.
For more information about the Paid Up For Life program, go to www.legion.org/join/pufl or contact customer service at (800) 433-3318.
• Website Calendar
Please check our website calendar from time to time for updated events which may be added between Newsletters.
• BINGO Every Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.
Three (3) Cover-Alls every Thursday at $500 each!