General Membership Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month. There are no meetings in July and August.
Bingo every Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
• Upcoming Events
| • House Committee 10am
| • Pearl Harbor 1941
| • Post & Auxiliary Meeting 7pm
| • 6:00 pm AL Riders Post # 8 Christmas Party
| • COMMANDERS CLUB 4 pm
• Winter Solstice
| • MERRY CHRISTMAS !
| • NEW YEARS EVE
• First Sergeant George Glover (WW11, Korea, Viet Nam ), 90 years old in full uniform at Marine Corps Birthday.
• COMMANDERS CLUB Season Tickets for 2013-2014 NOW AVAILABLE!
Only $50 for the Year! Dinner and Music included at the end of the season!
Nov. 23rd WINNERS! $50-Eve G., $50-Joy H., $50-John O., $75-Geraldine M., $125-Leonard M., $100-Tony S.
Order your COMMANDERS CLUB Season 2013-2014 Tickets online - NOW AVAILABLE!
10 Months (60 drawings) for only $50 - 6 Cash drawings per month - Prime Rib Dinner and music/dance included at September 2014 drawing!
• NEW VIETNAM DISPLAY CASE
The new Vietnam display case is near completion. We have many Vietnam era relics on display and are looking for more donations to add to the case. Thanks to all who helped in the organization of the artifacts.
A huge "Thank You" goes out to Mike Gurnsey for all his hard work in constructing this great looking display case.
• Post 8 Officers for 2013-2014
The following are our 2013-2014 Officers for the Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post # 8:
- 1. Commander: Dave Johnson
- 2. Senior Vice: Jim Leslie
- 3. Jr. Vice: Bill "Fuzzy" Burtch
- 4. Adjutant: Ralph Scott
- 5. Finance Officer: Chuck Teller
- 6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
- 7. Historian: Dr. Roy Rogers
- 8. Service Officer: Debra Worden
- 9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Nick Lucas
- 10. House Comm. 3 Year: Bob Hawkins
• UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! !
! ! ! NEW HOUSE MANAGER FOR POST 8 ! ! !
Post 8 is proud to announce the hiring of our new House Manager, Colleen Campbell. Colleen comes to us with a wealth of experience as an accommplished chef and managerial skills for the day-to-day operation of Post 8. Please welcome
her to our Post!
• Memorial Completed To Honor Post Members
Memorial funds donated on behalf of our departed Post 8 brothers and sisters were used to purchase a new flagpole and a memorial stone at the south entrance of the Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post #8. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
• Website Calendar
Please check our website calendar from time to time for updated events which may be added between Newsletters.
• BINGO Every Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.
Three (3) Cover-Alls every Thursday at $500 each!