General Membership Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month. There are no meetings in July and August.
Bingo every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. - Hall Rental Forms - CLICK HERE!
• Upcoming Events
| • Groundhog Day
| • House Committee 10:00 am
| • Executive Board 6:00 pm
• POST 8 and Auxiliary meetings 7 pm
| • Ash Wednesday
| • Lincoln's Birthday
| • VALENTINE'S DAY
| • PRESIDENTS' DAY
| • Sons of American Legion 6:00pm
| • Commanders Club 4:00pm
| • LEAP YEAR!
On behalf of Post 8 Officers, Ray Carrier, Cmdr. Jim Leslie, Chuck Teller, and Thin Blue Line Secretary Kelly Pigeon and Director Severin Erickson,
"THANK YOU" to all who helped out, donated, and attended our successful evening.
• COMMANDERS CLUB Season Tickets for 2015-2016 NOW AVAILABLE!
Michigan State License C-27263
Only $50 for the Year! Dinner and Music included at the end of the season!
Nov. 28th WINNERS! $50-Lynn H., $50-Patti V., $50-Kim I., $75-Roger I., $125-Frank A., $100-Linda W.
Dec. 19th WINNERS! $50-Nancy S., $50-Frank A., $50-Brenda S., $75-Rick S., $125-Denis T., $100-Vera L.
Jan. 23rd WINNERS! $50-Sharon A., $50-Lucille S., $50-Patti V., $75-Jim G., $125-Paul S., $100-Dennis O.
License # C-27263
COMMANDERS CLUB Season 2015-2016 Tickets online - NOW AVAILABLE!
11 Months, 66 drawings for only $50 - 6 Cash drawings per month - Dinner and music/dance included at September 2016 drawing!
Free Breakfast with
Paul Miller from WPHM 1380!
On Friday, August 28th, Paul Miller broadcast live at Post 8 as the Post served up a tasty FREE breakfast!
• American Flag Retirement Ceremony
On May 31, 2015, Post 8 members along with Boy Scout Troop 104, participated in a Flag Retirement Ceremony. The United States Flag Code states, "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem of display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."
• Post 8 Officers for 2015-2016
On Tuesday, June 23rd, the installation of Officers for Post 8 was held. Below are our new leaders! CONGRATULATIONS!
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post # 8:
- 1. Commander: Jim Leslie
- 2. Senior Vice: Harold Frey
- 3. Jr. Vice: Bill Burtch
- 4. Adjutant: Mike Gurnsey
- 5. Finance Officer: Chuck Teller
- 6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
- 7. Historian: Ed Weichsler
- 8. Service Officer: vacant
- 9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Nick Lucas
- 10. House Comm. 3 Year: Jim Lynch
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for American Legion Auxiliary Unit 8:
- 1. President: Louann Dubuque
- 2. 1st Vice: Barb Gurnsey
- 3. 2nd Vice: Terry Lilley
- 4. Secretary: Susan Svacha
- 5. Treasurer: Betty Cline
- 6. Chaplain: Marty Carrier
- 7. Historian: Judy Ovick
- 8. Jr. Past President: Melanie Zick
- 9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Denise Kilbourne
- 10. Executive Board: Herta Scott, Brenda Almanza, Pam Leslie
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for the Sons of the American Legion Unit 8: :
- 1. Commander: Tim Gruber
- 2. Senior Vice: Jim Zick
- 3. Jr. Vice: Louie Piva
- 4. Adjutant: Don Tallmadge
- 5. Finance Officer: Rick Dubuque
- 6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
- 7. Historian: Walt Twiss
- 8. Sargeant-at-Arms: Bill Bruehan
• Post 8 Hours of Operation
• Sunday & Monday - CLOSED
• Tuesday - Saturday open NOON — close 9:00pm
• Memorial Day Parade Port Huron 2015
Members of the American Legion Riders Post 8 rode in the 2015 Memorial Day Parade. To see over 100 pictures, click on this link - Photo Gallery
• Paid Up For Life (PUFL) Memberships
The American Legion has revised the Paid Up For Life program and streamlined the application process. Current members may now enroll in the Paid Up For Life program online or can print a personalized application and mail in their payment. Pay in full or choose 12 monthly installments.
• No more renewal notices. No more paying annual dues.
• No more worrying, "Did I renew my membership or not?"
• Join the other 200,000 PUFL Legionnaires in saying, "I believe in The American Legion and what it's doing."
• Avoid future dues increases. No matter what inflation does, you never have to pay another penny in dues.
• Lifetime subscription to The American Legion Magazine!
Each Paid Up For Life member receives a permanent plastic card, as well as an annual paper card to verify continuing membership in The American Legion. The annual card is mailed in July of each year.
For more information about the Paid Up For Life program, go to www.legion.org/join/pufl or contact customer service at (800) 433-3318.
• Website Calendar
Please check our website calendar from time to time for updated events which may be added between Newsletters.
• BINGO Every Thursday @ 6:30 p.m.
Three (3) Cover-Alls every Thursday at $500 each!