• Commanders Club 4:00pm - new season begins Michigan State License C-27263
• House Committee 10:00 am
• POST 8 and Auxiliary meetings 7 pm
• Sons of American Legion 6:00pm
• Millionaire Poker PartyLic.# M90452
• Commanders Club 4:00pm • ELVIS at Post 8
• CHRISTMAS DAY
• Millionaire Poker PartyLic.# M90562
• NEW YEAR'S EVE
• COMMANDERS CLUB Season Tickets for 2015-2016 NOW AVAILABLE! Michigan State License C-27263
Only $50 for the Year! Dinner and Music included at the end of the season!
Nov. 22nd WINNERS! $50-Paul S., $50-Diane H., $50-George S., $75-Virginia K., $125-Paul S., $100-Dave M.
Dec. 20th WINNERS! $50-Jack I., $50-Dick A., $50-Howard M., $75-Fred D., $125-Linda W., $100-Tim G.
Jan. 24th WINNERS! $50-Margaret J., $50-Jim G., $50-Dan O., $75-Bob H., $125-Dave O., $100-Robert C.
Feb. 28th WINNERS! $50-Sharon A., $50-Rick S., $50-Katherine J., $75-Joy H., $125-Frank A., $100-Betty C.
Mar. 28th WINNERS! $50-John O., $50-Mike K., $50-Debbie H., $75-Brenda A., $125-Marion W., $100-Ralph S.
Apr. 25th WINNERS! $50-Margaret J., $50-Juanita P., $50-Beau C., $75-Geri G., $125-George S., $100-Lynn H.
May 23rd WINNERS! $50-Richard G., $50-Vickie P., $50-Jean M., $75-Carol W., $125-Robert C., $100-Ralph S.
June 27th WINNERS! $50-Dick A., $50-Brenda S., $50-Kourtney P., $75-Lisa F., $125-Jim L., $100-Bob H.
July 25th WINNERS! $50-Betty C., $50-Dick A., $50-Brenda A., $75-Margaret J., $125-Nancy S., $100-Roger I.
Aug. 22nd WINNERS! $50-Jim W., $50-Dan O., $50-Jim W., $75-Brenda S., $125-Dave O., $100-Jack I.
Sept. 26th WINNERS! $100-Rick S., $200-Jean M., $250-Chris S., $350-Sharon A., $450-Katherin J., $150-Phyllis I. License # C-26774
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT THIS PAST SEASON! Now you can order your COMMANDERS CLUB Season 2015-2016 Tickets online - NOW AVAILABLE!
11 Months, 66 drawings for only $50 - 6 Cash drawings per month - Dinner and music/dance included at September 2016 drawing!
Free Breakfast with Paul Miller from WPHM 1380!
On Friday, August 28th, Paul Miller broadcast live at Post 8 as the Post served up a tasty FREE breakfast!
• American Flag Retirement Ceremony
On May 31, 2015, Post 8 members along with Boy Scout Troop 104, participated in a Flag Retirement Ceremony. The United States Flag Code states, "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem of display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."
• Post 8 Officers for 2015-2016
On Tuesday, June 23rd, the installation of Officers for Post 8 was held. Below are our new leaders! CONGRATULATIONS!
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for Charles A. Hammond, American Legion Post # 8:
1. Commander: Jim Leslie
2. Senior Vice: Harold Frey
3. Jr. Vice: VACANT
4. Adjutant: Mike Gurnsey
5. Finance Officer: Chuck Teller
6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
7. Historian: Ed Weichsler
8. Service Officer: Dave Belair
9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Nick Lucas
10. House Comm. 3 Year: Jim Lynch
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for American Legion Auxiliary Unit 8:
1. President: Louann Dubuque
2. 1st Vice: Barb Gurnsey
3. 2nd Vice: Terry Lilley
4. Secretary: Susan Svacha
5. Treasurer: Betty Cline
6. Chaplain: Marty Carrier
7. Historian: Judy Ovick
8. Jr. Past President: Melanie Zick
9. Sargeant-at-Arms: Denise Kilbourne
10. Executive Board: Herta Scott, Brenda Almanza, Pam Leslie
The following are our 2015-2016 Officers for the Sons of the American Legion Unit 8: :
1. Commander: Tim Gruber
2. Senior Vice: Jim Zick
3. Jr. Vice: Louie Piva
4. Adjutant: Don Tallmadge
5. Finance Officer: Rick Dubuque
6. Chaplain: Ray Carrier
7. Historian: Walt Twiss
8. Sargeant-at-Arms: Bill Bruehan
• Law Enforcement Appreciation Spaghetti Dinner
Thank You to everyone who made this event so successful on January 21st! On March 6, 2015, a check for $2500 was presented to Scott Reinacher, President of the Thin Blue Line of Michigan by Post 8. Pictured left to right are Mike Gurnsey, Adjutant; Ray Carrier, Chaplain & Past Cmdr; Sheriff Tim Donnellon, St. Clair County; Chuck Teller, Finance Officer & Past Cmdr; Scott Reinacher, President TBL of MI; Sgt. Jason Barna, Port Huron Police Department; Ralph Scott II, Past Cmdr.
Special recognition goes out to Tyler Connor, Port Huron Northern High School, for his hard work as our only high school volunteer for this event! THANKS TYLER!
• Sunday & Monday - CLOSED
• Tuesday - Saturday open NOON — close 9:00pm
• Memorial Day Parade Port Huron 2015
Members of the American Legion Riders Post 8 rode in the 2015 Memorial Day Parade. To see over 100 pictures, click on this link - Photo Gallery
• Riders Attend Memorial Tribute In Lansing
Members of the American Legion Riders Post 8 attended the Michigan Senate's 20th Annual Memorial Day Service on May 22, 2014.
• Paid Up For Life (PUFL) Memberships
The American Legion has revised the Paid Up For Life program and streamlined the application process. Current members may now enroll in the Paid Up For Life program online or can print a personalized application and mail in their payment. Pay in full or choose 12 monthly installments.
• No more renewal notices. No more paying annual dues.
• No more worrying, "Did I renew my membership or not?"
• Join the other 200,000 PUFL Legionnaires in saying, "I believe in The American Legion and what it's doing."
• Avoid future dues increases. No matter what inflation does, you never have to pay another penny in dues.
• Lifetime subscription to The American Legion Magazine!
Each Paid Up For Life member receives a permanent plastic card, as well as an annual paper card to verify continuing membership in The American Legion. The annual card is mailed in July of each year.
For more information about the Paid Up For Life program, go to www.legion.org/join/pufl or contact customer service at (800) 433-3318.
• Website Calendar
Please check our website calendar from time to time for updated events which may be added between Newsletters.